Sunday, June 12, 2016

Happy Father's Day From Our Fur Baby :)

Father's Day is coming up and I have this adorable stamp from Great Impressions Stamps that I love and have been eager to use...
it is Potted Puppy and reminds me of our fur baby Zoey.  
I thought it would be fun to make my husband a Father's Day card from Zoey with it :)




This is a Window Gatefold card...click HERE to see my tutorial on how to make one.

I used my Cuttlebug to make the window (see how in the video)
The paper I used on the front of the card as "wallpaper" AND the inside of the card as "grassy hills" is from MHK Designs out of the Sunflower Sampler digital paper pack.  To create the "grassy hills" I tore the paper and inked the edges with Distress Ink.  The adorable image was colored with Inktense watercolor pencils.  "Happy Father's Day" was cut using "Phrases" Cricut Cartridge.

Click HERE to see the video tutorial on making a Gatefold Window Card on my YouTube channel jjgz4ever 

Challenges I've entered....
Great Impressions Stamps - June Challenge Anything Goes
Hiding In My Craft Room - #254 Super Scraps Saturday
Fantasy Stampers Challenge Blog - #64 Man's Best Friend
ABC Challenges - "I" is for Important
Die Cut Diva's - June Anything Goes
MHK Designs - May/June Challenge
Jo's Scrap Shack - FFC#142 Father's Day
Bitten By The Bug 2 - Garden Theme
Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog - #278 Celebrate Dad


Thanks for stopping by and...
HAPPY CRAFTING!!! 


27 comments:

  1. Great card, I like that grass on the inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card, your husband will like that, and I like the window gate card, I will have to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Donna....I would love to see what you make :) Hugs...Janie

      Delete
  3. Awww, this puppy is so cute peeking out of the garden pot. This is an adorable Father's Day card. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo cute!! I love how it opens and how you are looking "out" through the window. And that sentiment . . . . perfect! Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card love the image and your card design. Thanks for joining us at ABC, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes - it is adorable. love the opening and the puppy is just perfect - full of LOVE. thanks for joining our bbtb2 challenge this week.

    maureen

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable, Janie, and I love how you made the grass out of that lovely digital paper! Well done. I'm delighted to see you playing along in our Inspiration challenge at MHK Designs this month. Good luck in the draw and come play again soon, won't you?
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! I love your stamp. Thank you very much for joining pur challenge at ABC challenges and good luck.Hugs, Iwona

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet. I love the pup!!
    Thank you for joining the Fantabulous cricut Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART crinkle ribbon
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com
    FCC Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful fun card, what a great way to use some scraps!!
    Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is totally fun and fabulous, Janie! I adore the gate fold--and the scene you created rocks! LOVE the paper you chose! Thank you for joining us at MHKDesigns! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great reason to make your card - it's such a cute little design. Thanx for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so so cute! I love the puppy stamp and sentiment too! Thanks so much for joining us for the FCCB challenge this week! Hugs, DT Karla

    ReplyDelete
  14. A stunning little card with an adorable puppy. Thanks for joining us at Fantasy Stampers. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fantastic idea for a card and I have bookmarked the tutorial to have a look as well. Thank you for joining the Anything Goes Challenge at Diecut Divas. Cathie DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. A great card and a lovely design.

    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge and we hope to see you again in July.

    Helen x
    (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card! I love the window you created for the adorable puppy! Great job!
    Thank you for joining our Great Impressions Challenge this month, and I hope you to see you next month.
    Ruza ~ GI Designer

    ReplyDelete