Sunday, August 20, 2017

MHK Designs August Release Day 4 - Pet Puns

Who doesn't LOVE their pets!!!  MHK Designs new release  Pet Puns is irresistible!!!



I couldn't wait to use this set to make a card for my dear friend that loves cats.  I made this adorable Pop-Up Easel card for her.



I printed the image in dark gray and softly colored it with colored pencils....gray for the kitten, pink for the collar, and green for the eyes.  I used silver glitter gel pen to color the bells on the collar, but it doesn't show up well in the pictures.  I also light chalked with blue around the kitten to give it some dimension.   I used my stitched oval dies to cut out the black oval layer, and around the kitten and a small oval for the sentiment.  I punched a tiny butterfly from the pink paper and inked the edges with "Black Soot" Distress ink so it would match the butterflies on the paper and placed it above the kitten's head so it looks like that is what she is looking at.  On the bottom I added a doily and ribbon, then attached a bow to hold the easel open.  I love Love LOVE how this turned out and almost hate giving it away...but I know my friend will love it.

LOOK FOR A TUTORIAL ON MAKING POP-UP EASEL CARDS COMING SOON TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!

Scroll down the page to find the CHALLENGES I have entered :)

This is DAY 4 of MHK Designs August Release Party !
To see all the wonderful creations the Design Team has created you can start at MHK Designs Blog where you will find links to everyone's blogs.  Also, below are details on how you can WIN one OR all of August's new release sets!!!

GIVEAWAY!

In order to get this new set OR the entire release for FREE, here's what you'll need to do:
  1. Leave a comment on the MHK Designs Blog
  2. Leave a comment on each DT member's blog (see list on MHK Designs Blog). 
  3. Join our MHKDesigners & Friends Facebook group and leave a comment there.
Mynn will randomly choose the winning comments from all these places after the release is over. The best way to win is to comment every day.

YAY....CHALLENGES!!!
Dragonfly Dreams Challenge - Animals
Cardz 4 Galz - Challenge #54 Cats or Kittens
Craft Rocket Challenges - #40 Animal Kingdom
The Paper Shelter - #305 Punches and Dies
Simon Says - Add A Sentiment
Show Us Your Pussie Cats Only Challenge - #21 Furrything
(PIN)spirational Challenges - #197
Craftyhazelnuts Patterned Paper Challenge - August 2017
Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes With Dies - August
My Creative Scoop - Color Inspiration Link Up #25


Thanks for stopping by and...
HAPPY CRAFTING!!!



11 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love that image and the gorgeous colors, fabulous pop up design too! Thanks so much for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh - a beautiful card... great design and I love those animal stamps :-)
    Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.

    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at PINspirational, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janie, your kitty card is the sweetest ever, all done in pink. Delightful easel card, and I love that the butterfly has captured your kitty's attention! So glad I got to see your masterpiece showcased at the Cardz 4 Galz Challenge. Thanks for joining in with your lovely artwork. Hope to see more of your pretty creations in the future. Please check back to see if you have won a badge.
    Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is totally fabulous! I LOVE the added butterfly! SO cute! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so Adorable!!Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers - Anything goes dies Challenge. Hugs xx Deepti Aggarwal

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! *So sorry for late commenting, I’m having major issues lately trying to leave comments due to the stupid ROBOT silliness!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card!! beautiful colours!!
    Thankyou for playing with us @ Happy Little Stamper Anything Goes with Dies challenge. All the best!!
    Hugs
    DT Seemaa
    (https://icraftpaper.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your win at PINSPIRATIONAL! So well deserved and then I saw you are a fellow teamie for MHK!!! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete