Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Winter Woods Shaker Christmas Ornament

I love making Christmas ornaments and they make nice gifts.
I made this one using one of the Winter Woods images from Deedee's Digis and 2 snowflakes I cut out using my Cricut and the Winter Lace cartridge.


The Winter Woods set comes with both colored images and uncolored images.  For this I decided to use the colored image so that those of you that don't color can see that what it looks like.  I printed it out at 3" high and 3 1/4" wide.  Then I cut it out with a 3" Sizzix circle die.  I also cut a 3" circle from acetate for the window of the shaker part.  The snowflakes were cut at 5" and 4".  The 5" snowflake's top layer was cut twice, one for the front and one for the back so that both sides look like a snowflake.  After the layers of the 4" snowflake were glued together I used the 2 1/2" SIzzix circle die to cut the opening in the center.  I sprayed the snowflakes with Krylon Glitter Blast Diamond Dust. 


If you need to know how to put a shaker card (or in this case ornament) together, please watch my YouTube video on making a snowglobe shaker card...click HERE 
In this case however, in place of the second piece of acetate you will be using the Winter Woods image that you cut out.

Check out the Scrapbook Blessings Club Christmas Party!
There is will be prizes from some awesome sponsors...
including Deedee's Digis 

And here are some awesome challenges I'm entering...
Hiding In My Craft Room - #227 Any Holiday
Glitter 'N' Sparkle Challenge Blog - #165 Include A Bow
A Snowflakes Promise - Challenge 11
Alphabet Challenge Blog - "U" is for Under The Weather
Sparkle N Sprinkle - December Challenge use loose glitter or flocking



Thanks for stopping by and...
HAPPY CRAFTING!!!


10 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS! LOVING that reindeer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you love it....thank you so much Julie :) Hugs...Janie

      Delete
  2. Beautifull very Christmas long time ago

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous ornament Janie! I love that image and the fabulous shaker design! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy thank you so much for your sweet comments...they are truly appreciated :) Hugs...Janie

      Delete
  4. This is so pretty! I love your deer and sparkly accents. Thanks for joining us this month at SparkleNSprinkle Creative Challenge!

    Jess - Guest DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous project. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Crafty Hazel Nuts this month.
    All the best for 2016!
    Hugs
    Fiona DT xx

    ReplyDelete