Friday, August 28, 2015

Sunsational Stamps - Back to School - Week 4

It's back to school time and that means backpacks and jackets....and they both have zippers.  Zipper-pulls are always a fun way to personalize things and are easy to make.

I made these using Bake 'n Shrink for inkjet printers.  I like these best because not only do they work with inkjet printers, but you can use a variety of things to color on them.  I have used Distress Markers, Spectrum Noir, glitter gel pens, Sakura Jelly Roll pens, and colored pencils.  Other shrinky brands only work with laser printers and permanent inks.  You can find Bake 'n Shrink at http://www.printonit.com/default.asp 



I used some fun back to school images from Scrapping With Lisa Designs a division of Sunsational Stamps .  These are pre-colored which are awesome if you don't have what you need to color them, or just don't have the time.  I printed them on the Bake 'n Shrink sheet using my inkjet printer.  The image needs to be about 3 or 4 times the size you want the final product to be (as shown in the pictures).  Allow room around the image if you are going to cut it out using a die.  I used a round Sizzix die to cut these out.  You can always cut around the image with scissors if you like....as you can see I did with the rabbit and the cow (a little farther down the page).  Also...this is important..... whatever you use to color your image with will get DARKER when it shrinks....so you don't need to make it dark before shrinking.  On the back to school images that I printed out, I should have printed with a lower quailty so they wouldn't have been so dark.  Another IMPORTANT bit of information.....if you are going to punch a hole in the top for a zipper-pull or necklace do it BEFORE you shrink it and remember the hole will shrink as well.  All of the directions are on the package, including oven directions.  To make your finished product last longer....protecting them from dirt and UV rays...you should spray them with Krylon UV-Resistant Clear Acrylic Coating, or Krylong Fusion.  You can use a jumprign and split keyring, or chain, or whatever you have on hand to attach them to zippers.

Below are two other things I made with Sunsational Stamps and Bake 'n Shrink.  With these I stamped the images with Stazon ink and colored them with Distress markers.  Then I cut them out and baked them.  When they had cooled I topped them with Diamond Glaze for a thick, glossy top.  I turned the bunny into a necklace by adding a ruby heart gem , along with a red jumpring and red chain.  The cow will make a cute embellishment on something, but I haven't decided yet...I just LOVE cows :)



To see more images please visit....
and

And for more ideas and inspiration visit....
and

Thank you for stopping by and....
Happy Crafting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment