Thursday, October 5, 2017

MHK Designs October Release - Day 1 - Celestial Elements



MHK Designs is having their October Release Party 
and today this is the image set being released



I love this set and just had to make this card for my hubby!

First I printed the moon and sentiment on white cardstock.  Then I did some experimenting.  I haven't done masking before, but I decided to mask the moon and create a nighttime sky background around it....which was also an experiment.  I created the background with Distress Inks....Milled Lavender, Shaded Lilac, Faded Jeans, and Chipped Sapphire.  I started with the lighter colors first and then darker the further out I got....I just dabbed around with the ink on a blending tool.  Then I flicked some Twinkling H2O Blue Pearl watercolors on it...then decided it needed something else so I tapped some white gelly roll pen and a glitter gel pen around to help create some stars.  Then I removed the moon mask and colored the moon with Perfect Pearls gold and outlined it with a glitter gel pen.  I just happened to have a star charm that I thought would be perfect so I attached it with a heart brad.  And finally, I matted it onto a piece of dark blue cardstock and adhered it to the front of the card.
Here is a close up...



Scroll down for details on MHK Designs Release Party and GIVEAWAY!!!

But first...challenges!!!
Addicted To Stamps and More - #262 Make Your Mark
Pammie's Inky Pinkies - Challenge 1740
Simon Says Monday Challenge - A Walk on the Dark Side
Hiding In My Craft Room - #320 Freestyle
Through The Purple Haze - #135 Anything Goes
A Bit More Time To Craft - #53 Anything Goes
Crafty Girls Creations - #40 Anything Goes
and 
MHK Designs - October Challenge

This is DAY 1 of MHK Designs October Release Party !
To see all the wonderful creations the Design Team has created you can start at MHK Designs Blog where you will find links to everyone's blogs.  Also, below are details on how you can WIN one OR all of August's new release sets!!!

GIVEAWAY!

In order to get this new set OR the entire release for FREE, here's what you'll need to do:
  1. Leave a comment on the MHK Designs Blog
  2. Leave a comment on each DT member's blog (see list on MHK Designs Blog). 
  3. Join our MHKDesigners & Friends Facebook group and leave a comment there.
Mynn will randomly choose the winning comments from all these places after the release is over. The best way to win is to comment every day.

Thanks for stopping by and...
HAPPY CRAFTING!!





6 comments:

  1. Love this! I have a 5 month old granddaughter so we say I love you to the moon and back a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janie, this card is awesome and this set is lovely! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great design! Thanks for joining us at ATSM
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely soft background like a clouded night sky. I love the tiny stars hanging on the moon. Thank you for Walking On The Dark Side with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful background for your moon image! It turned out really nice, and I like the little flickers of sparkle....reminds me of twinkling stars!! Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at PIP Challenges!

    ReplyDelete