Friday, January 13, 2017

Bugaboo Shaker Valentine

Valentine's Day is sneaking up on us and I'm going to be prepared!  This card was inspired by the Scrapbook Blessings Club challenge on Facebook.  The theme is Shaker Cards, and the sponsor is Bugaboo Stamps and I used "Girl Big Heart" because I immediately saw the possibility of a shaker card by cutting out the center of the heart she is holding.


After printing out the digital image I used my stitched rectangle die to cut out the front panel of my card.  Then I cut out the center of the heart with a craft knife, and made sure I didn't cut off her hands.  I colored the image with Inktense Watercolor pencils.  I colored the ruffle around the heart with my red Sakura Stardust Gelly Roll pen.  I lightly chalked around the image with red (you almost can't see it in the picture).  I filled the shaker with metallic red hearts, and added a few of them to the front of the card as well.  The word LOVE was cut out with an old Cuttlebug die set I have, I cut it out of white and inked it with "Festive Berries" Distress Ink and attached to the outside of the heart.  A lot of info for such an easy card...hee hee hee :)

Thank's for stopping by and...
HAPPY CRAFTING!!!



3 comments:

  1. fab make love shakers but never quite mastered the art myself thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous shaker card Janie, I am impressed that you used a craft knife to it out the heart, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh..such a sweet card. Love it!
    Happy Crafting to you to. :-D
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete